How To Make the Ultimate Sausage Egg BakeJump to Recipe
I firmly believe prep work is the key to a smooth process in baking. I personally like to pull out all the spices I need before hand, and prep all other ingredients. With any recipe I like to start with the meat, in this case the sausage, as meats usually take the longest to prep.
While it’s cooking I then prep the rest of my ingredients. Chop your spinach into medium sized pieces. It’s okay if some are slightly larger than bite sized. Spinach shrinks considerably when cooked and most pieces will become rather small.
After your done with your spinach mince your green chilis. If you like them bigger feel free to cut them larger! Because these particular green chilis came from my garden this summer, and are rather hot, a result of planting them too close to my jalapeños. I like to chop them small to help with the heat factor.
Once your veggies are chopped, crack your eggs into a large bowl, and add your salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, baking powder, and coconut flour. Mix together and set the bowl aside.
Yet Another Heading
Once your sausage has finished cooking, add your sausage, half the cheese and vegetables to the mixture and stir until everything is distributed evenly.
Pour the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 pan, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until risen and set, and the cheese is starting to brown on top.
After this whole process, you may be thinking who has an hour to wait for a casserole to bake in the morning? I know I rarely do! The beauty of this recipe is, it stores extremely well in the fridge and can even be froze. I generally bake this ahead of time and refrigerate part of it up to week, and freeze the rest making this my favorite on the go breakfast!
Ultimate Sausage Egg Bake
- 10 Eggs
- 1 Lb Breakfast Sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 Cups Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Chilis
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Chedder Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Crack your eggs into a large mixing bowl, then add the salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, baking powder, and coconut flour. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add your sausage, half the cheese and vegetables to the mixture and stir until everything is distributed evenly. Pour into a greased 13x9 pan, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until risen and set, and the cheese has started to brown on top.
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9 pan, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until risen and set, and the cheese is starting to brown on top.